Gallery: SAFFRON WALDEN: Great Westgarth Run raises thousands for Motor Neurone Disease
A CHARITY fun run held as a tribute to a former Friends School teacher with Motor Neurone Disease proved a roaring success. Over 500 people took part in the Great Westgarth Run – held at the Saffron Walden school on Sunday – for Sue Westgarth, who was di
A CHARITY fun run held as a tribute to a former Friends' School teacher with Motor Neurone Disease proved a roaring success.
Over 500 people took part in the Great Westgarth Run - held at the Saffron Walden school on Sunday - for Sue Westgarth, who was diagnosed with the debilitating disease last year.
Over �11,500 has been raised and that money will go to the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) which conducts research into the debilitating disease.
A spokesman for Friends' School said: "Sue showed extraordinary courage attending the event with her dog, Murphy and her family.
You may also want to watch:
"The day could not have happened without the support of local businesses and volunteers and also Friends' School extensive community."
Local and national representatives from MNDA were present for the occasion and a moment's silence was held before the race to give everyone a chance to reflect on the cruelty of the disease.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park