Gallery: SAFFRON WALDEN: Great Westgarth Run raises thousands for Motor Neurone Disease
A CHARITY fun run held as a tribute to a former Friends School teacher with Motor Neurone Disease proved a roaring success. Over 500 people took part in the Great Westgarth Run – held at the Saffron Walden school on Sunday – for Sue Westgarth, who was di
A CHARITY fun run held as a tribute to a former Friends' School teacher with Motor Neurone Disease proved a roaring success.
Over 500 people took part in the Great Westgarth Run - held at the Saffron Walden school on Sunday - for Sue Westgarth, who was diagnosed with the debilitating disease last year.
Over �11,500 has been raised and that money will go to the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) which conducts research into the debilitating disease.
A spokesman for Friends' School said: "Sue showed extraordinary courage attending the event with her dog, Murphy and her family.
You may also want to watch:
"The day could not have happened without the support of local businesses and volunteers and also Friends' School extensive community."
Local and national representatives from MNDA were present for the occasion and a moment's silence was held before the race to give everyone a chance to reflect on the cruelty of the disease.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month