Gallery: Saffron Walden Late Night Christmas Shopping evening hailed as 'Best Ever'
THIS year s Late Night Shopping Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden has been hailed as the best yet. Friday evening s event – now in its seventh year – is organised by Saffron Walden Initiative. Chairman Peter Riding said: The weather was kind, the turn
THIS year's Late Night Shopping Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden has been hailed as the best yet.
Friday evening's event - now in its seventh year - is organised by Saffron Walden Initiative. Chairman Peter Riding said: "The weather was kind, the turnout good, the atmosphere both fun and relaxed and the charity stalls and market traders put on an excellent show.
"I thought it was the best yet in the seven years that the event has been organised by the Initiative."
He added: "Father Christmas and his sleigh provided by the Round Table added to festive atmosphere, as did the Christmas lights, the mini carousel, the stilt walkers, the Cinderella characters provided by the Clavering Players and the music from the Town Band, AfroBeats and Green Card.
You may also want to watch:
"More shops than ever stayed open and quite a few entered into the pantomime theme spirit by dressing up. These included Petrus Mens Design, Gray Palmer, The Earth Collection, Modish and Jacks Outdoor Wear."
The annual event is supported by Saffron Walden Town Council and Essex Police.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays