Gallery: Saffron Walden Late Night Christmas Shopping evening hailed as 'Best Ever'
THIS year s Late Night Shopping Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden has been hailed as the best yet. Friday evening s event – now in its seventh year – is organised by Saffron Walden Initiative. Chairman Peter Riding said: The weather was kind, the turn
THIS year's Late Night Shopping Christmas Shopping in Saffron Walden has been hailed as the best yet.
Friday evening's event - now in its seventh year - is organised by Saffron Walden Initiative. Chairman Peter Riding said: "The weather was kind, the turnout good, the atmosphere both fun and relaxed and the charity stalls and market traders put on an excellent show.
"I thought it was the best yet in the seven years that the event has been organised by the Initiative."
He added: "Father Christmas and his sleigh provided by the Round Table added to festive atmosphere, as did the Christmas lights, the mini carousel, the stilt walkers, the Cinderella characters provided by the Clavering Players and the music from the Town Band, AfroBeats and Green Card.
You may also want to watch:
"More shops than ever stayed open and quite a few entered into the pantomime theme spirit by dressing up. These included Petrus Mens Design, Gray Palmer, The Earth Collection, Modish and Jacks Outdoor Wear."
The annual event is supported by Saffron Walden Town Council and Essex Police.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden