Garden near Saffron Walden helps win landscaper national prize
- Credit: Archant
A garden at a 17th century farmhouse in Great Sampford has won a national landscaping award.
The accolade has been won jointly by garden designer Jason Lock of Deakinlock Garden Design based in Bungay, Suffolk and the contractors, Oak View Landscapes from Colchester.
They have received this year’s BALI (British Association of Landscape Industries) Award in the category for collaboration between designer and builder.
Mr Lock, who has over 20 years’ experience in landscaping and garden design and works across East Anglia on a range of design projects, said: “We are absolutely delighted to win this award. We worked very closely with our client and contractor to achieve a truly stunning garden and it’s great to receive industry-recognition for all the hard work.”
Giffords Farm is a Grade 2 listed farmhouse in Tindon End, Great Sampford, dating back to 1626.
The property has a wealth of original architectural features and tthe owners wanted a new design for the front garden in a style that reflected the historic period of the house.
The new garden has new herbaceous borders to give year-round colour and interest and the existing pond was redeveloped to make it a more prominent feature. It has lawns and a paved terrace for summer entertaining.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Work started in May 2013 and involved extensive site clearance, pond excavation and construction. The owners said they were delighted with the completed garden and decided to put it forward for an award to celebrate what had been achieved by the two companies.
Deakinlock Garden Design and Oak View Landscapes will attend the award ceremony at London’s Grosvenor House on December 4.