Gardens of Easton lLodge calendar launch and photography competition results revealed
- Credit: Archant
THE Gardens of Easton Lodge Preservation Trust has announced the launch of its 2014 calendar at the next open day on Sunday (September 22).
The calendar contains photographs of the gardens and features the overall winning photograph from the competition held at the gardens in June. The winning entries in all categories will be announced at 12.30pm and Malcolm Danford whose company, Malcolm Danford Estate Agents has sponsored the calendar, will present the prizes. The competition was judged by Mike Perry, of David Lipson Photography which has also donated part of the prize for each winner.
Chair of trustees Catherine Dean said: “we are very excited with this year’s calendar which we feel is our best yet and are most grateful to Malcolm, Joan and Mike for their continued support.
“We have achieved a great deal this year with the construction of our Archive Building and huge progress in the Italian Garden and hope that people will come along to see what we have done and enjoy autumn in the gardens.”
Popular guided tours will take place at 1pm and 3pm with historical information available to browse all afternoon in the new Archive Building. There will also be croquet on the lawn and craft and nature activities for younger visitors.
Gates open from 12noon until 6pm (last admission at 5pm) with tickets costing £3.50 for adults and children entering free.
Soup, bacon rolls and burgers will be available at lunchtime with hot drinks, cream teas and cakes on sale all afternoon.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
A range of plants, garden merchandise and craft items will also be on sale alongside the calendars, priced at £5.
Anyone interested in joining the volunteer team for this and subsequent open days, helping with the regular Thursday gardening sessions or with one-off weekend projects will be most welcome and should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 01371 876979.