Gardens of Easton lLodge calendar launch and photography competition results revealed
- Credit: Archant
THE Gardens of Easton Lodge Preservation Trust has announced the launch of its 2014 calendar at the next open day on Sunday (September 22).
The calendar contains photographs of the gardens and features the overall winning photograph from the competition held at the gardens in June. The winning entries in all categories will be announced at 12.30pm and Malcolm Danford whose company, Malcolm Danford Estate Agents has sponsored the calendar, will present the prizes. The competition was judged by Mike Perry, of David Lipson Photography which has also donated part of the prize for each winner.
Chair of trustees Catherine Dean said: “we are very excited with this year’s calendar which we feel is our best yet and are most grateful to Malcolm, Joan and Mike for their continued support.
“We have achieved a great deal this year with the construction of our Archive Building and huge progress in the Italian Garden and hope that people will come along to see what we have done and enjoy autumn in the gardens.”
Popular guided tours will take place at 1pm and 3pm with historical information available to browse all afternoon in the new Archive Building. There will also be croquet on the lawn and craft and nature activities for younger visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open from 12noon until 6pm (last admission at 5pm) with tickets costing £3.50 for adults and children entering free.
Soup, bacon rolls and burgers will be available at lunchtime with hot drinks, cream teas and cakes on sale all afternoon.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
A range of plants, garden merchandise and craft items will also be on sale alongside the calendars, priced at £5.
Anyone interested in joining the volunteer team for this and subsequent open days, helping with the regular Thursday gardening sessions or with one-off weekend projects will be most welcome and should e-mail email@example.com or leave a message on 01371 876979.