Gardens of Easton Lodge photography competition winners announced
THE winners of the Gardens of Easton Lodge photography competition were announced on Sunday alongside the launch of the 2013 calendar.
Earlier this year the preservation trust held a competition to find the most spectacular photos of the Harold Peto designed gardens. The contest was judged by well-known garden photographer Rachel Warne and Mike Perry of David Lipson Photography.
After a lot of deliberation, Wendy Cooper won the hidden treasures category – her photo appears on the calendar – and Karl Hewson won the flowers and foliage category.
The photographs will be on display for several weeks in Dunmow Library to bring them to a wider audience.
The next and final open day of the year is October 21. The gardens will be open from noon-6pm, final entry at 5pm. Entry is �2.50 for adults and children get in free.
You may also want to watch:
The ever popular guided tours will take place at 1pm and 3.30pm with historical information available to browse all afternoon; there will also be croquet on the lawn and craft and nature activities for younger visitors.
Anyone interested in joining the volunteer team for this and subsequent open days, helping with the regular Thursday gardening sessions or with one-off weekend projects should email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 01371 876979.
- 1 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- 9 Free school meals planned for February half term
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport