GCSE and A-level exam results - what comes next?
HUNDREDS of students in Uttlesford will receive those all important A-level or GCSE grades in the coming days and, in both success and in failure, help is available.
Connexions (an information and support service for 13 to 19-year-olds) offers school leavers and pupils a one stop shop for advice on life choices including jobs, courses, training, money, travel and transport.
On the two big results days – August 19 (A level) and August 24 (GCSE) – Connexions Personal Advisers will be in centres in Braintree, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. Some will also be on hand in a number of schools in the area.
County councillor Stephen Castle, cabinet member for education, said: “Receiving school or college grades can be one of the most important moments in a young person’s life and the decision of what to do next can be a daunting prospect whether results are higher or lower than expected.
“There is support and advice available across the county for those who are debating the next steps in their education or career progression.”
You may also want to watch:
Students can check centre opening hours, including extended hours on results days, and get helpful tips and useful links by visiting essexconnexions.co.uk or by calling 080 800 13 2 19.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost