GCSE exam results - what next?
ESSEX County Council is congratulating pupils across who are collecting their GCSE results today.
Cabinet member for education Stephen Castle said: “The months of hard work and the weeks of nervous waiting are over, and I hope everyone is proud of what they have achieved.
“I add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupils that took exams this year. They also deserve our praise for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full-time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future.”
Pupils who have yet to decide what they would like to do next should consider an Essex Apprenticeship.
It enables youngsters to develop technical skills whilst studying, and gives the opportunity to put new found know-how into practice in the work place.
There are many opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, aviation, IT and construction.
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 8 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
To find out more about apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or email email@example.com.