GCSE exam results - what next?
ESSEX County Council is congratulating pupils across who are collecting their GCSE results today.
Cabinet member for education Stephen Castle said: “The months of hard work and the weeks of nervous waiting are over, and I hope everyone is proud of what they have achieved.
“I add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupils that took exams this year. They also deserve our praise for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full-time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future.”
Pupils who have yet to decide what they would like to do next should consider an Essex Apprenticeship.
You may also want to watch:
It enables youngsters to develop technical skills whilst studying, and gives the opportunity to put new found know-how into practice in the work place.
There are many opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, aviation, IT and construction.
- 1 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
To find out more about apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or email email@example.com.