GCSE exam results - what next?
ESSEX County Council is congratulating pupils across who are collecting their GCSE results today.
Cabinet member for education Stephen Castle said: “The months of hard work and the weeks of nervous waiting are over, and I hope everyone is proud of what they have achieved.
“I add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupils that took exams this year. They also deserve our praise for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full-time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future.”
Pupils who have yet to decide what they would like to do next should consider an Essex Apprenticeship.
It enables youngsters to develop technical skills whilst studying, and gives the opportunity to put new found know-how into practice in the work place.
There are many opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, aviation, IT and construction.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
To find out more about apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.