GCSE exam results - what next?
ESSEX County Council is congratulating pupils across who are collecting their GCSE results today.
Cabinet member for education Stephen Castle said: “The months of hard work and the weeks of nervous waiting are over, and I hope everyone is proud of what they have achieved.
“I add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupils that took exams this year. They also deserve our praise for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full-time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future.”
Pupils who have yet to decide what they would like to do next should consider an Essex Apprenticeship.
You may also want to watch:
It enables youngsters to develop technical skills whilst studying, and gives the opportunity to put new found know-how into practice in the work place.
There are many opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, aviation, IT and construction.
- 1 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 2 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 6 Town council backs new support club
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
To find out more about apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.