GCSE results 2016: The Perse School
- Credit: Archant
Over three quarters of GCSE grades achieved today (August 25) at The Perse School were A* and 94 per cent of grades were A* or A.
This is the school’s highest GCSE A* rate yet, and two thirds of Year 11 are celebrating eight or more A*s.
Almost everybody, 99 per cent of students, achieved A*-B grades.
There were also 83 students who took IGCSE early, in Year 10, and all of them got an A*.
Headteacher Ed Elliott said: “Pupils should be very proud of their outstanding exam grades, achieved alongside their busy programme of sport, music, drama, outdoor pursuits and charity work.
“I also want to thank staff - Perse results have improved in each of the last five years and are now consistently some of the very best in the country.
“This success bears testament to the skill, hard work and dedication of the team.”
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022