GCSE results day at Newport Free Grammar School
EXCITED pupils at Newport Free Grammar School picked up their GCSE results today (Tuesday August 24).
Seventy-six per cent of students achieved the national benchmark figure of five A* to C grades, 70 per cent including English and maths, maintaining the improvement made last year. And 98 per cent of students achieved five A* to G grades.
Headteacher Sean O’Hagan said: “These results show what can be achieved with hard work and determination and all the students and staff should be congratulated on this very good performance, which confirms the improvements made last year.”
In the school’s specialist areas, performance was good, with more than 68 per cent of students achieving at least one A* to C grade in a modern foreign language and 68 per cent of students achieving at least two A* to C grades in science.
Top performers include Mark Milligan who achieved seven A* grades and five A grades, Sam Shirley-Beavan with four A*s and seven As, Joe McNally with four A* grades and nine A grades and Luke Barnett who scored four A* grades, six As and two Bs.
You may also want to watch:
For the girls, Frith Dunkley achieved four A* grades, seven As and a B, Briar Tilford with three A*s and nine As, Molly Newman with three A*s, six As and three Bs and Lauren Wesley with two A*s and nine As.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire