GCSE results: Grades up on last year at Bishop’s Stortford College - despite government warnings
- Credit: Archant
Bishop’s Stortford College pupils are celebrating another week of exam success with some excellent GCSE results.
Overall 63 per cent of students achieved A*/A grades and an impressive 34 per cent of pupils achieved A*, an improvement on last year’s result despite Government warnings about lower grades this year.
Thirty four pupils will be awarded the College’s prestigious Ten Club tie as a reward for 10 or more A*/A grades. Top performers were Madeleine Cane, Holly Collier, Victoria Farrant and Amelia Weiss who were all awarded 11 A* and Elizabeth Farrant, Victoria Foot, Sophia Hudson and Kristie Overton who gained 10 A*. Also of special note were Benedict Corti Tyler, Jessica Paxman, Hardev Matharoo, Priya Vempali and Estelle Williams who each gained 9A*.
Twins, Victoria and Elizabeth Farrant, from Little Hadham, who between them achieved 21 A* grades were thrilled with their results.
Elizabeth said: “When I saw my results I was ecstatic! I love the sciences but have no idea what I want to do yet, one step at a time. I will be taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History and RS at A level.”
You may also want to watch:
Bishop’s Stortford College pupils have excelled in subjects across the board, in addition to the excellent results within the core curriculum, pupils studying creative subjects performed particularly well with 100 per cent achieving A*/A in Drama, 94 per cent achieving A*/A in Music and 80 per cent A*/A in Art.
Headmaster Jeremy Gladwin said: “We are so proud of our Fifth formers’ achievments. For so many pupils to achieve such a high number of A* grades is testament to the sheer hard work they’ve put in and the dedication of our teaching staff.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
“My congratulations to all concerned on another successful year for the College, which yet again, places us amongst the foremost schools in the East of England.”