GCSE Results: Linton Village College
- Credit: Archant
There were high achievers at Linton Village College, where 73 per cent of students taking GCSEs achieved five passes at A*-C including English and maths.
Thirty per cent of the group achieved five or more A* or A grades and 100 per cent of the students passed their exams.
Among the top achievers were Zoe Newton who achieved 10 A* grades.
Finlay Charlesworth and Holly Bowie each achieved nine A* and one A grade. Anna Cooper achieved seven A* and three A grades, Ivor Crooks also achieved seven A* grades plus two As and one B. Charlie Cameron achieved six A* grades, three As and one B. Oliver Foo, achieved five A* and five As. Rosie Simmons gained three A*s and seven As.
Head, Helena Marsh said: “We are thrilled with the performance of our Year 11 group.
“They have made exceptional progress during their time at Linton Village College. There are a great number of personal successes stories and achievements to be very proud of. The students and staff have worked incredibly hard in a time of significant curriculum change and turbulence in the education system. I wish all our students every success in the next stage of their educational journeys.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022