GCSE results: Mountfitchet Mathematics and Computing College shows upward trend
RESULTS at Mountfitchet Mathematics and Computing College continue to improve.
47 per cent of students achieved achieved A*-C grades including English and Maths, and headteacher Catherine Anderson said all subjects were “there or thereabouts” in hitting their targets - including maths which has a 92pc pass rate.
“I am pleased with the results,” she added. “We’re up seven per cent on last year, 10 per cent over two years, so it is a continuing trend.
“For a school with a reputation in helping those who require additional learning and support, our results show that we also help top performing students as well. I think these results show the school’s commitment to the students is starting to pay off.”
She added that the results “put the school back on the map and show we are the first choice for children living in the area. These results suggest we will do a good job”.
You may also want to watch:
Top performing pupil was 16-year-old Izzy Kimber who achieved five A*, six A, two B and an AS Level in French.
“I’m delighted with the results,” said the teenager. “I’m going to Newport Free Grammar [sixth form] to take A Levels in German, History and Maths, and to finish French.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 8 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
“Izzy is a model pupil and the ideal candidate to show people what you can ahieve if you put the effort in,” added Miss Anderson.