GCSE results: Mountfitchet Maths and Computing College ‘will continue improving’ next year
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS at Mountfitchet Maths and Computing College were able to breathe a sigh of relief today (Thursday) as they received their GCSE results.
Overall 62 per cent of pupils received five or more ‘good’ GCSE grades - an increase of 7pc from last year.
Top boy and girl, Sam James and Nikki Stanley, achieved 6 A* and 12 A grades between them.
PE results achieved a massive 87pc in A* to C results and other subjects have continued to show improvement.
Headteacher Catherine Anderson said: “As a school with enhanced provision, we are also extremely pleased that those students who have a place in the Dyslexia Unit all achieved the requirements for them to go on to their chosen place of sixth form study.
You may also want to watch:
“Although there inevitably some disappointments, we have no doubt that the school will continue its journey of improvement next year.”
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party