Get advice at information one-stop shop at Uttlesford District Council
- Credit: Archant
Free advice on debt, benefits, housing, eviction, domestic abuse, drugs and alcohol will be offered from next week in a one-stop-shop at the offices of Uttlesford District Council.
The monthly drop-in centre will be in the council chamber, starting on Monday (March 21) from 10am until noon,
This brings together under one roof, several groups including the district council’s housing department, Citizens’ Advice, Mind, Essex Children’s Centres, Adult Community Learning, and Uttlesfordsave Credit Union.
This Multi-Agency Centre, or MAC, is organised by the Department of Work and Pensions.
Fiona Bailey, from the department said: “We are pleased to bring this service to Uttlesford. We’re hoping that this will be as successful as the multi-agency centres already operating in Harlow and Epping Forest.
You may also want to watch:
“The service offers people who may have several problems the opportunity to visit all the relevant agencies in one place and at one go, meaning it’s far easier and less time-consuming than having to arrange and attend numerous different appointments.”
Councillor Lesley Wells, Uttlesford District Council’s cabinet member for communities and partnerships, added: “We are pleased to be able to host the multi-agency centre at the council offices – this is a great initiative which brings together a wide range of services and provides extra support for residents within the district.”
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road