Get fit, have fun and raise money for Comic Relief this Red Nose Day
STAFF and supporters of Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre were out and about in Saffron Walden on Saturday as they swapped their tracksuits and trainers for Red Noses, all in support of Comic Relief.
The team, who are no strangers to making people sweat, kept the heat on passersby outside Oxfam on Kings Street, Saffron Walden, working hard at selling Red Noses.
They managed to raise over �200 on the morning, with the Oxfam team continuing on after, aiming for a target of �500.
Sales manager at Lord Butler Jo Denton: “For anyone who still needs to buy a nose for Comic Relief, or would like to make a small donation they can do so at the Oxfam in Saffron Walden.
“And as a bonus, anyone who purchases a red nose from there will also receive a FREE guest pass for Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Every penny raised by Comic Relief goes to transform the lives of poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people across the UK and Africa. From restoring the sight of children in Africa to giving isolated older people in the UK the support they need to enjoy their lives.
For more information on Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre call 01799 522 777.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers