Get ready for some a-maze-ing fun on Saffron Walden Common
- Credit: Archant
LOOK out for the appearance of a number of strange mazes and labyrinths on the Common next month – and see if you can crack them!
The designs are creations of various groups and individuals in the area and are all part of the Saffron Walden Maze Festival, which runs from August 16-19.
Ranging from the very large – a spiral labyrinth created by the World Healing Project, which purports to offer healing, singing, music or meditation – to the very small, a tabletop maze by the Saffron Walden Arts Trust.
Among the other proposed mazes is one by the Saffron Walden Lions Club, allowing visitors to experience the problems of navigation using a wheelchair, while charity Support4Sight will provide the challenge of a sight loss maze.
Walden in Transition’s contribution is a maze which represents a journey from an artificial world to one that has nature and people at its heart.
You may also want to watch:
There is still plenty of space on the Common for more mazes, which can be of any size and of any material.
Organisers have encouraged any group or individual who would like to draw attention to their activities, demonstrate their creativity or just be part of the fun, to contact either Ginny Eley by calling 01799 523477 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, after July 26, call Sybil Pretious on 01799 522116 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 5 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
Visit saffronwaldenmazefestival.co.uk for more information about the festival.