Get ready for some a-maze-ing fun on Saffron Walden Common
- Credit: Archant
LOOK out for the appearance of a number of strange mazes and labyrinths on the Common next month – and see if you can crack them!
The designs are creations of various groups and individuals in the area and are all part of the Saffron Walden Maze Festival, which runs from August 16-19.
Ranging from the very large – a spiral labyrinth created by the World Healing Project, which purports to offer healing, singing, music or meditation – to the very small, a tabletop maze by the Saffron Walden Arts Trust.
Among the other proposed mazes is one by the Saffron Walden Lions Club, allowing visitors to experience the problems of navigation using a wheelchair, while charity Support4Sight will provide the challenge of a sight loss maze.
Walden in Transition’s contribution is a maze which represents a journey from an artificial world to one that has nature and people at its heart.
There is still plenty of space on the Common for more mazes, which can be of any size and of any material.
Organisers have encouraged any group or individual who would like to draw attention to their activities, demonstrate their creativity or just be part of the fun, to contact either Ginny Eley by calling 01799 523477 or e-mailing email@example.com. Alternatively, after July 26, call Sybil Pretious on 01799 522116 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 2 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
Visit saffronwaldenmazefestival.co.uk for more information about the festival.