Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
An Essex and Herts NHS leader has urged people to make sure they get their second Covid-19 vaccine.
Dr Jane Halpin, Chief Executive of the Hertfordshire and West Essex Clinical Commissioning Groups, said getting the second vaccine will help "bring us one step closer to freedom".
Across Hertfordshire and west Essex, over 1.6 million doses of the vaccine have been given so far, meaning 54 percent of the area's population is fully vaccinated.
Dr Halpin said: "I am thrilled that in Hertfordshire and west Essex so many people have had their vaccination and are helping the country beat this devastating virus.
“If you’ve been offered the vaccine before but haven’t yet taken it up, don’t worry.
"The offer of the vaccine will not expire - so if you have been invited but haven’t made an appointment yet, please do so today."
You may also want to watch:
Today (Friday 18), vaccines were made available to all over-18s in England.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 5 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 6 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley