Get spiritual and healthy at Saffron Walden mayor event
COMPLEMENTARY health practitioners will be out in their droves at an event in aid of the mayor’s charities appeal.
Mind Body Spirit is being held at Saffron Walden Town Hall on Sunday October 14 to give visitors the chance to discover and try out ways of keeping fit, as well as learn to relax, and manage and reduce the effects of stress.
There will be a wide range of complementary therapies available to sample, with advice from qualified practitioners in skills such as acupressure, acupuncture, Alexander Technique, traditional Chinese medicine and herbs, chirokinetic therapy, crystals, Dermalogica facials, fitness workouts, health checks, homeopathy, Kinesiology, massage, meditation, reflexology, reiki and zero balancing.
There will be 30 stalls altogether, including information stands for mayor David Watson’s charities, Huntington’s Disease Association and Saffron Walden Riding for the Disabled.
Saffron Walden-based, business, Curves will be offering free healthy lifestyle checks for women and advice on its 30-minute workout programme
You may also want to watch:
There are six workshops and talks to attend, starting from 10.30am and an opportunity to have a reading from one of the intuitive Readers, in the Court Room. Internationally-acclaimed medium, Maureen Flynn, will be present to offer individual sessions and is running a workshop from 1.30pm to 2.15pm. Aura photography, fairy art work, flower essences, hypnotherapy advice, Indian Head massage, as well as angel card, chakra numerology, psychic and tarot readings, will be on offer. Workshops and talks are priced at �5 each and tickets can be purchased in advance, from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre (01799 524002).
Healthy snacks and lunches, superfood smoothies and herbal teas will be available at the Superfood Caf� in the Committee Room.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Cllr Watson said: “I am delighted that so many complementary health practitioners will be present to demonstrate their approach to health.
“Complementary treatments are becoming more popular, and have been adopted by several UK hospitals as a valid method of health support.
“So if you have ever wondered what complementary therapies are all about, this is a wonderful opportunity to find out. You will also be helping out my charities, as all the entrance money will go them. ”
The event runs from 10.30am to 4pm. Admission is �2 / �1 OAPs.