Getting into the Saffron Walden Carnival spirit
- Credit: Archant
If there’s one house in town getting into the Saffron Walden Carnival spirit you can’t miss it if you are passing along Thaxted Road.
The bunting, flags, signs and decorations are aloft in preparation for Saturday’s procession (July 5) and the ‘8 Day Weekend’ carnival.
Residents Phillip and Rona Cruikshank are responsible, and got a visit from a team of grateful Round Tablers last weekend.
Phillip is the brains behind each design whilst Rona has the steady hand for the paintbrush.
Phillip, 82, said: “We really love the procession and look forward to putting out our decorations for every carnival. We have been doing it for the past 15 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Dean Head, chairman of the Saffron Walden Round Table, the carnival organisers, said: “It has given us the idea to run a ‘best dressed house’ competition for next carnival.
“We love the theme and their fun and enthusiasm – it is what the 8dayweekend is all about!”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
•Follow carnival at 8dayweekend.co.uk, where you can sign up for updates and be able to buy tickets. The ‘8 Day Weekend’ runs from July 4-12 on the common and throughout the town.