Getting into the Saffron Walden Carnival spirit
- Credit: Archant
If there’s one house in town getting into the Saffron Walden Carnival spirit you can’t miss it if you are passing along Thaxted Road.
The bunting, flags, signs and decorations are aloft in preparation for Saturday’s procession (July 5) and the ‘8 Day Weekend’ carnival.
Residents Phillip and Rona Cruikshank are responsible, and got a visit from a team of grateful Round Tablers last weekend.
Phillip is the brains behind each design whilst Rona has the steady hand for the paintbrush.
Phillip, 82, said: “We really love the procession and look forward to putting out our decorations for every carnival. We have been doing it for the past 15 years.”
You may also want to watch:
Dean Head, chairman of the Saffron Walden Round Table, the carnival organisers, said: “It has given us the idea to run a ‘best dressed house’ competition for next carnival.
“We love the theme and their fun and enthusiasm – it is what the 8dayweekend is all about!”
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
•Follow carnival at 8dayweekend.co.uk, where you can sign up for updates and be able to buy tickets. The ‘8 Day Weekend’ runs from July 4-12 on the common and throughout the town.