Glasswells invite you to get your ice skates on for charity at the Suffolk Show
- Credit: Archant
AN independent home department store is encouraging as many as people as possible to get their skates on for charity.
Glasswells, which has a furniture and flooring store on King Street, Saffron Walden, will have a skate rink as its stand instead of the usual home furnishings display at the Suffolk Show later this month (May 29-30).
Skating sessions are being held throughout each day, with tickets at £5 each. Skates of most sizes will be available with dual blade skates for toddlers, ice scooters and penguin stability aids for very small children and ice chairs for disabled people.
All profits will go to St Elizabeth Hospice, an independent charity that works to improve the lives of people living with progressive illness.
Robert Hawkins, operations director, said: “This year we wanted to do something different and instead of showcasing our furniture and home accessories we thought we would have some fun for all to enjoy whilst raising vital funds for a local charity.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be a blast – who would have thought Suffolk Show visitors would have the chance to ice skate, and hopefully in some nice sunny weather.
“We are delighted to be supporting St Elizabeth Hospice who provide valuable care and support for those who need it. So if you are feeling energetic why not give it a go? Visit stand 604 and have a skate for charity.”
- 1 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 4 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 5 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings
- 6 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 10 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
The Suffolk Show is held at Trinity Park, Ipswich o nMay 29 and 30.