Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- Credit: Archant
A play area in Saffron Walden is set for an upgrade worth up to £100,000.
Saffron Walden Town Council is preparing to refurbish the Golden Acre Play Area this year and is asking parents and children for their views online.
A spokesperson said: "We are so excited, and we just can't hide it!
"We really hope that the new equipment will bring a new sense of play, fun and friendship to all children and young people."
The council said equipment could be in place before the start of the summer holidays, which begin on July 22 in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
These works follow an upgrade to the playground on The Common in 2019.
At a national level, experts are calling for greater investment into 'play' this summer to combat loneliness and inactivity in children amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
The town council's consultation opened last week and closes on April 23: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BTD65LY.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results