Golden tickets up for grabs at Saffron Walden Aldi grand opening
- Credit: Archant
Aldi is giving away prize-winning tickets to its first 100 customers at the store’s opening next Thursday.
The tickets, sealed in golden envelopes, will include winnings for a 42-inch HD LED television, Classic Food Mixers and bundles of Aldi shopping.
Melanie Mansfield, Aldi Store Manager, said: “We are looking forward to the opening of our new store in Saffron Walden and we’re sure the local community will enjoy our grand opening celebrations with 100 golden tickets up for grabs.”
For those not lucky enough to nab a ticket, the supermarket will hold its first ‘Specialbuy’ day, where customers can save on electrical and household ranges; a deal which will run every Thursday and Sunday.
Next week’s ‘Specialbuys’ will include 24-inch LED television and DVD combinations for £89.99 and 10-inch Tablet PCs for £99.99.
Ms Mansfield added: “We expect to see plenty of shoppers on Thursday take advantage of our opening week offers, in addition to our range of products at everyday low prices.”
Due to launch on July 16 at 8 o’clock in the morning, the supermarket has already provided 28 new jobs for the town, as well as promising 11 more; nine Store Assistants are being recruited for along with two Stock Assistants.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 10 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
With Aldi now the sixth largest supermarket in Britain, the store, located on Thaxted Road, will see 94 car parking spaces made available for shoppers and 1,500 product lines to choose from inside.
The new store marks the rapid growth of the supermarket since it reached UK shores in 1990. Last year alone Aldi secured the title of The Green Grocer of the Year, Discount Retailer of the Year and was awarded the top spot in YouGov’s Best Brand Rankings UK.
The Saffron Walden Reporter has teamed up with Aldi to give three lucky readers the chance to win £150 to spend in the store. To enter, answer the following question correctly.
Which country is Aldi from? A) France B) Poland C) Germany
Send your answer in a sealed envelope or on a postcard to The Saffron Walden Reporter, 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, CB10. Alternatively, email email@example.com
Usual Archant competition rules apply. Editor’s decision is final.