Government provides new-build help for first-time buyers
A NEW Government-led initiative to help first-time buyers get on the housing ladder has been welcomed by Saffron Walden estate agents.
Following the budget announcement (March 23) that there will be a �250 million shared equity scheme within the UK – designed to help first time buyers purchase a new-build home on selected properties – a recent survey conducted by Home Sale Network discussed the scheme’s potential affect on the property market landscape.
The year-long programme, called FirstBuy, will provide interest-free loans for the first five years to first time buyers, if they fulfil the eligibility criteria, including a household income below �60,000.
The first time buyer would have to commit five per cent of the property price, whilst the Government and home builder construction firms would contribute 10 per cent each with the policy expected to reach just over 10,000 first time buyers.
From its survey, Home Sale Network, a national network of independent estate agents across England, Scotland and Wales found that over 70 per cent of its members welcomed the introduction of a new shared equity scheme for first time buyers.
You may also want to watch:
Although given that it is in the early stages, the majority of Network respondents indicated that the scheme had so far not made an impact on the numbers of buyers entering the market.
Kevin Moll from Kevin Henry Estate Agents in Saffron Walden said: “We welcome any new policy the Government introduces to boost the property market and we will watch this scheme with interest. If you’re thinking of moving then contact Kevin Henry today.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
“As a Home Sale Network member, we are Saffron Walden’s local expert for this area and can not only help you to sell your current home but assist you in finding the right property.”
WHAT do you think? Write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.