GP-led West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group to hold public meeting
THE group which from next year will be running NHS services across west Essex is holding its first meeting when the public can find out more about what will be different and how they can become involved.
The GP-led West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (WECCG) will take over the role of NHS North Essex in April 2013 and wants to involve people in shaping future health services.
A workshop is being held on May 24, 9.30am-12.30pm, at Weston Business Centre, Stansted. The event will offer a choice of sessions including commissioning priorities – urgent care, long term conditions and older people – and Patient and Public Engagement (PPE).
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of WECCG, said: “We are putting new methods in place to ensure meaningful engagement with everyone who has an interest in local health. By engaging with patients and other key members of the community in the process from the beginning, it is hoped the public’s contribution will provide a real sense of shared ownership.
“This is an exciting time and we are very keen to build upon the hard work of NHS West Essex in keeping patients and the public informed about being part of the commissioning process. To do that we would very much like to welcome people to our workshop.”
You may also want to watch:
Places at the workshop can be reserved by telephoning 01245 459395 or
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Anyone who cannot attend on the day but who would like to join as a member to ensure they are involved in the future can telephone 01245 459395 for further information.