GP-led West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group to hold public meeting
THE group which from next year will be running NHS services across west Essex is holding its first meeting when the public can find out more about what will be different and how they can become involved.
The GP-led West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (WECCG) will take over the role of NHS North Essex in April 2013 and wants to involve people in shaping future health services.
A workshop is being held on May 24, 9.30am-12.30pm, at Weston Business Centre, Stansted. The event will offer a choice of sessions including commissioning priorities – urgent care, long term conditions and older people – and Patient and Public Engagement (PPE).
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of WECCG, said: “We are putting new methods in place to ensure meaningful engagement with everyone who has an interest in local health. By engaging with patients and other key members of the community in the process from the beginning, it is hoped the public’s contribution will provide a real sense of shared ownership.
“This is an exciting time and we are very keen to build upon the hard work of NHS West Essex in keeping patients and the public informed about being part of the commissioning process. To do that we would very much like to welcome people to our workshop.”
You may also want to watch:
Places at the workshop can be reserved by telephoning 01245 459395 or
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
Anyone who cannot attend on the day but who would like to join as a member to ensure they are involved in the future can telephone 01245 459395 for further information.