Grand ball for local charity
A GRAND ball celebrating the birthday of a well-used Saffron Walden charity will be held on Saturday March 7. Support 4 Sight – a charity which helps visually impaired people to maintain their independence – has been operational in the town for 15 years.
A GRAND ball celebrating the birthday of a well-used Saffron Walden charity will be held on Saturday March 7.
Support 4 Sight - a charity which helps visually impaired people to maintain their independence - has been operational in the town for 15 years.
Director Madeleine Cassidy said: "This is a really special event and a celebration of all the good work that this charity has done in the area and the hard work of the volunteers."
The grand charity ball is a black tie event and will be held at Saffron Walden Golf Club, Windmill Hill, from 7pm to midnight.
The event will include a drink on arrival, a three-course meal, an after dinner speaker and an auction. Some of the exciting lots include a football signed by Arsenal Football Club, a signed cricket bat, Duxford gold passes, a flight for two over Saffron Walden and a photo shoot in London.
"There are some really exciting lots to bid for so hopefully they should generate quite a bit of money for the charity," said Ms Cassidy.
- 1 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 2 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 9 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 10 Busy Peasgood picks up medals at home and abroad
"We have space for 120 people at the ball and we've already sold about 80 per cent of the tickets. The event is open to anyone who would like to help us celebrate our birthday."
A three-piece orchestra will welcome guests as they arrive and a DJ will provide music for the after-dinner party.
The Ball will launch a special year for the charity, because it was 15 years ago in 1994 that the charity Saffron Sight began in the Saffron Walden area. Since then the charity has gone from strength to strength and over the years has helped thousands of visually impaired people make the most of their remaining vision. In 2007 the charity was renamed Support 4 Sight.
Tickets cost �45 and can be purchased from Support 4 Sight's centre at 2 & 4 George Street in Saffron Walden, which is open during weekdays.
For information contact Christine Marshall on 01799 523700, or email email@example.com