Grand ball for local charity
A GRAND ball celebrating the birthday of a well-used Saffron Walden charity will be held on Saturday March 7. Support 4 Sight – a charity which helps visually impaired people to maintain their independence – has been operational in the town for 15 years.
A GRAND ball celebrating the birthday of a well-used Saffron Walden charity will be held on Saturday March 7.
Support 4 Sight - a charity which helps visually impaired people to maintain their independence - has been operational in the town for 15 years.
Director Madeleine Cassidy said: "This is a really special event and a celebration of all the good work that this charity has done in the area and the hard work of the volunteers."
The grand charity ball is a black tie event and will be held at Saffron Walden Golf Club, Windmill Hill, from 7pm to midnight.
The event will include a drink on arrival, a three-course meal, an after dinner speaker and an auction. Some of the exciting lots include a football signed by Arsenal Football Club, a signed cricket bat, Duxford gold passes, a flight for two over Saffron Walden and a photo shoot in London.
"There are some really exciting lots to bid for so hopefully they should generate quite a bit of money for the charity," said Ms Cassidy.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 9 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
"We have space for 120 people at the ball and we've already sold about 80 per cent of the tickets. The event is open to anyone who would like to help us celebrate our birthday."
A three-piece orchestra will welcome guests as they arrive and a DJ will provide music for the after-dinner party.
The Ball will launch a special year for the charity, because it was 15 years ago in 1994 that the charity Saffron Sight began in the Saffron Walden area. Since then the charity has gone from strength to strength and over the years has helped thousands of visually impaired people make the most of their remaining vision. In 2007 the charity was renamed Support 4 Sight.
Tickets cost �45 and can be purchased from Support 4 Sight's centre at 2 & 4 George Street in Saffron Walden, which is open during weekdays.
For information contact Christine Marshall on 01799 523700, or email firstname.lastname@example.org