Grants dished out to worthy causes in Uttlesford
THE village of Debden has been revealed as one of the biggest winners in the latest round of grants dished out by the Essex Community Foundation. Both the village hall and the recreation ground are in line for major boosts after receiving just under �12,0
THE village of Debden has been revealed as one of the biggest winners in the latest round of grants dished out by the Essex Community Foundation.
Both the village hall and the recreation ground are in line for major boosts after receiving just under �12,000 worth of funding.
The village hall committee has been allocated �4140 to enable improvement work to be carried out internally and the recreation ground trust has been awarded a mammoth �7594 for the installation of play equipment including a zip line and soft surfacing.
Other winners in The Reporter area included Arkesden Millennium Field Committee which received �1500 towards sports equipment, and the Council for Voluntary Service Uttlesford who received �2988 to meet running costs.
You may also want to watch:
Across Essex nearly 4000 projects have received around �15million in the 13 years since the foundation trust was set up.
Foundation chief executive Laura Warren said: "We are increasingly being seen as an effective and efficient way for local people and public agencies to channel their support to local charities.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 7 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
"Last year 181 projects were funded from more than one source, made possible by our one-stop application form accessing the 50 funds that we currently manage.