Grease screening attracts thousands to Saffron Walden Common
- Credit: Archant
A crowd of 4,000 people braved the wet conditions to watch a special outdoor screening of Grease on Saffron Walden Common on Saturday (Sept 17).
The hit musical was shown on a 50ft screen and the audience sang, danced and hand-jived along to the songs during the Saffron Screen on the Green event.
The town’s independent cinema was celebrating its 10-year birthday and many people got into the spirit by dressing as T-Birds and Pink Ladies.
Pure Rhythm dance school, from Saffron Walden, performed a flash mob before the film and movie-goers also enjoyed food from town traders throughout the evening.
Hana Mallett, marketing manager at Saffron Screen, said: “It was fantastic to see people of all ages sharing the joy of cinema, and we are truly thrilled that 4,000 people came along for what was a really magical evening.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d really like to thank our sponsors and army of volunteers and the organisations who gave their time for free. The event wouldn’t have been possible without them.”
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road