Great Bardfield: Co-op staff celebrate £2m Lottery syndicate win
- Credit: Archant
STAFF at the Co-op store in Great Bardfield are celebrating a shock Lottery win after their syndicate won more than £2 million.
The syndicate consisted of 10 people, eight of whom work at the store, and the money will be shared evenly between them.
The colleagues had been involved with the syndicate for three years but they only entered the lottery once every four weeks.
Sue Markowicz, who works at the store, said: “I found out at about 11pm and went to the computer and kept double checking - it was very unexpected.
“When I was sure I called my manager late at night and everyone else found out in the morning.”
The ticket was brought by Simon Winter, 51, from the store, but despite their substantial win, no-one is thinking about leaving their day job.
Sam Naunton, 22, said: “It’s a good job and helps to pay the bills. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the money yet, I haven’t really thought about it.
- 1 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 2 Muddy Dog Challenge raises over £70K: Pictures from event
- 3 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 4 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 5 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 6 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 7 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
“All the same, 13 is turning into a lucky number for me. I was born on Friday the 13th, I have the number tattooed on me and the year’s 2013.”
The draw was made on Wednesday February 13 and the winning numbers were 6, 14, 20, 23, 29 and 49, with the bonus ball being 48.
The syndicate was the only outright winners of the draw but seven other contestants won £90,295 each.