Great Bardfield: Co-op staff celebrate £2m Lottery syndicate win
- Credit: Archant
STAFF at the Co-op store in Great Bardfield are celebrating a shock Lottery win after their syndicate won more than £2 million.
The syndicate consisted of 10 people, eight of whom work at the store, and the money will be shared evenly between them.
The colleagues had been involved with the syndicate for three years but they only entered the lottery once every four weeks.
Sue Markowicz, who works at the store, said: “I found out at about 11pm and went to the computer and kept double checking - it was very unexpected.
“When I was sure I called my manager late at night and everyone else found out in the morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The ticket was brought by Simon Winter, 51, from the store, but despite their substantial win, no-one is thinking about leaving their day job.
Sam Naunton, 22, said: “It’s a good job and helps to pay the bills. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the money yet, I haven’t really thought about it.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
“All the same, 13 is turning into a lucky number for me. I was born on Friday the 13th, I have the number tattooed on me and the year’s 2013.”
The draw was made on Wednesday February 13 and the winning numbers were 6, 14, 20, 23, 29 and 49, with the bonus ball being 48.
The syndicate was the only outright winners of the draw but seven other contestants won £90,295 each.