Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows hold charity concert
GIRLS from the 1st Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows held a concert to raise money for charity. Girl Guiding will be celebrating its 100th birthday later this year and to commemorate the occasion each group has been asked to partner a charity of th
GIRLS from the 1st Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows held a concert to raise money for charity.
Girl Guiding will be celebrating its 100th birthday later this year and to commemorate the occasion each group has been asked to partner a charity of their choice.
Tawny Owl for the Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows, Julie Lester, said: "We chose the Sing for Change project provided by Water Aid, as their work relates to helping Brownie-aged girls into education.
"This involved learning some songs they provided, we then performed them at a concert along with a drama highlighting the work of water aid. The girls also won their entertainers badges by doing solos or duets, reciting poems, saying a prayer and acting as compare.
You may also want to watch:
The audience at the show held at the Great Chesterford Community Centre on Saturday was made up from the girls' families and people from the village.
The concert, which featured girls from five to 10 years old, raised more than �225. "We're very proud of the Brownies and Rainbows, as they all worked so hard," said Tawny Owl.
- 1 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 2 Ribbon cut celebrates reopening of town playground
- 3 Hospitality businesses praise patrons for 'community spirit' this summer
- 4 Harlow: council's cabinet approves regeneration plan and could lobby for Tube extension
- 5 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime
- 6 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 7 Where to pick pumpkins in Essex for Halloween 2021
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Stansted man jailed for sexual offences