Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows hold charity concert
GIRLS from the 1st Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows held a concert to raise money for charity. Girl Guiding will be celebrating its 100th birthday later this year and to commemorate the occasion each group has been asked to partner a charity of th
GIRLS from the 1st Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows held a concert to raise money for charity.
Girl Guiding will be celebrating its 100th birthday later this year and to commemorate the occasion each group has been asked to partner a charity of their choice.
Tawny Owl for the Great Chesterford Brownies and Rainbows, Julie Lester, said: "We chose the Sing for Change project provided by Water Aid, as their work relates to helping Brownie-aged girls into education.
"This involved learning some songs they provided, we then performed them at a concert along with a drama highlighting the work of water aid. The girls also won their entertainers badges by doing solos or duets, reciting poems, saying a prayer and acting as compare.
You may also want to watch:
The audience at the show held at the Great Chesterford Community Centre on Saturday was made up from the girls' families and people from the village.
The concert, which featured girls from five to 10 years old, raised more than �225. "We're very proud of the Brownies and Rainbows, as they all worked so hard," said Tawny Owl.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert