Great Sampford Primary School's class act
GREAT Sampford Primary School children will benefit from a new learning experience in two new classrooms. The spacious classrooms, which boast air conditioning and incorporate an ICT suite with 14 computers, have been 10 years in the making. They replace
GREAT Sampford Primary School children will benefit from a new learning experience in two new classrooms.
The spacious classrooms, which boast air conditioning and incorporate an ICT suite with 14 computers, have been 10 years in the making. They replace old demountable units.
The school in Finchingfield Road saw in the new era last week.
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst cut the ribbon to open the facility during a special ceremony attended by parents, pupils, staff and invited guests associated with the project.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Ian Pollard, who presented Sir Alan with a commemorative plaque
which will later be mounted onto the new buildings, said: "This has been a long time in the making so I'm delighted that we've finally been able to open these classrooms.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 10 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
"The children have been working in unsatisfactory conditions for so long.
"But they now have a spacious and modern classroom in which to work, which has transformed their learning environment."
The opening was followed by a family picnic afternoon tea of strawberries, grapes and cakes on the school playing field with parents, guests and children.