Greater Anglia suspends Stansted services after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator Greater Anglia has suspended services between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street after a person was hit by a train.
The company halted its services “until further notice” following the incident near Broxbourne shortly after 1pm today (Thursday).
No trains are currently running between London Liverpool Street and Cambridge. Stansted Express services have also been disrupted.
In a statement, Greater Anglia said: “Owing to a person hit by a train between Broxbourne and Cheshunt all trains have been stopped whilst the emergency services attended to the incident. The first train affected by this incident is the 12:45 Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street.
“Trains from London Liverpool Street to Hertford East, Stansted Airport and Cambridge and between Stratford and Bishop’s Stortford are affected by this incident. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes, or terminated at Cheshunt, or Broxbourne, at short notice.
You may also want to watch:
“First Capital Connect and Transport for London services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
“We are trying to arrange a Rail Replacement bus service to run between Cheshunt and Broxbourne and between Stansted Airport and Witham, for Stansted Airport customers, however, the details are still to be confirmed.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
“We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst the incident is resolved.”
More to follow.