Greater Anglia suspends Stansted services after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator Greater Anglia has suspended services between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street after a person was hit by a train.
The company halted its services “until further notice” following the incident near Broxbourne shortly after 1pm today (Thursday).
No trains are currently running between London Liverpool Street and Cambridge. Stansted Express services have also been disrupted.
In a statement, Greater Anglia said: “Owing to a person hit by a train between Broxbourne and Cheshunt all trains have been stopped whilst the emergency services attended to the incident. The first train affected by this incident is the 12:45 Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street.
“Trains from London Liverpool Street to Hertford East, Stansted Airport and Cambridge and between Stratford and Bishop’s Stortford are affected by this incident. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes, or terminated at Cheshunt, or Broxbourne, at short notice.
You may also want to watch:
“First Capital Connect and Transport for London services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
“We are trying to arrange a Rail Replacement bus service to run between Cheshunt and Broxbourne and between Stansted Airport and Witham, for Stansted Airport customers, however, the details are still to be confirmed.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
“We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst the incident is resolved.”
More to follow.