Greater Anglia suspends Stansted services after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator Greater Anglia has suspended services between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street after a person was hit by a train.
The company halted its services “until further notice” following the incident near Broxbourne shortly after 1pm today (Thursday).
No trains are currently running between London Liverpool Street and Cambridge. Stansted Express services have also been disrupted.
In a statement, Greater Anglia said: “Owing to a person hit by a train between Broxbourne and Cheshunt all trains have been stopped whilst the emergency services attended to the incident. The first train affected by this incident is the 12:45 Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street.
“Trains from London Liverpool Street to Hertford East, Stansted Airport and Cambridge and between Stratford and Bishop’s Stortford are affected by this incident. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes, or terminated at Cheshunt, or Broxbourne, at short notice.
You may also want to watch:
“First Capital Connect and Transport for London services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
“We are trying to arrange a Rail Replacement bus service to run between Cheshunt and Broxbourne and between Stansted Airport and Witham, for Stansted Airport customers, however, the details are still to be confirmed.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
“We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst the incident is resolved.”
More to follow.