Gripped by Olympic fever? Show cycle prowess in Ugley charity ride
IF you’ve been infected with Olympics fever, now is your chance to show your cycling prowess at the Ugley Bike Ride, in aid of Hft.
Hft, a leading national charity that creatively supports people with learning disabilities, is calling all cyclists to get on their bikes and take part in its 20th annual ‘Ugley Bike Ride’.
The ride takes place on Sunday September 30, starting at Hft’s centre in Ugley, near Bishop’s Stortford. The money raised from the event will go towards rebuilding Hft’s nursery in Ugley. The nursery provides horticultural training at the charity’s Anglian service for people with learning disabilities.
Everyone is welcome to come along and join in the fun, from families to experienced cyclists. Participants will set off between 9.30am and 10.30am from Hft’s Anglian Service at the Bradbury Resource Centre, Pound Lane, Ugley, Bishop’s Stortford.
Cyclists can choose to ride 10, 20 or 50 miles on a circular route through the beautiful country lanes around Ugley. The 50 mile route includes a refreshment stop at Ickleton village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The entry fee is �10 if booked in advance or �20 on the day. Children aged under 16 can take part free of charge but must be accompanied by an adult.
“We need your sponsorship as much as your pedalling power to make this event a massive fundraising success,” said Hilary Colbert, fund development manager at Hft.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 7 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
“Our bike ride is the perfect family day out as it is non-competitive and relaxed. So please do come along and join in the fun!
“All of the money raised will go towards the renovation of our nursery in Ugley, upgrading the centre’s facilities and accessibility. This will help us to give more people with learning disabilities the opportunity to experience horticultural training.”
Mrs Dawe, from Saffron Walden who took part last year, said of the event, “I loved it. It was a fabulous day. Well organised and the most scrumptious cakes at the finish!”
Anyone who is interested in taking part should contact Hilary Colbert on 01525 376564 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack and entry details.