Guinness Book of Records attempt staged in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden folk are being urged to join a world record attempt with a difference later this month, while raising money for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity.
Re-Vitalise Tai Chi and Tai Ji Quan Yi are organising a UK-wide, multi-location tai chi lesson on Sunday July 25. The Guinness Book of Records attempt is from 10.50am to 11.40am and is timed with the World of Music, Arts and Dance music festival in Wiltshire where one of the sessions will be led by the organiser of the attempt, Andy Spragg.
Starting at 10.30am, the Saffron Walden event takes place on the Common.
Organiser Stephanie Shambrook said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the community of Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages to be included in the Guinness Book of Records while raising money for a worthwhile charity.
“It will be a relaxing and fun morning joining a tai chi lesson and everyone is welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy afterwards. We are hoping that as many people as possible will take part.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone can take part – young and old people with little or no experience of tai chi. Participants must pay a minimum donation of �1, which goes toward the charity.
The Chinese hold the world record for the largest tai chi event with 33,996 people. Organisers are hoping to hit the 40,000 mark on the day – and are hoping to raise �40,000.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 4 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
People wishing to take part in the Saffron Walden event should contact Stephanie on 07881592126.
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity dedicated to the prevention, treatment and ultimate eradication of breast cancer.
Breakthrough fight on three fronts: research, campaigning and education. Their aim is to bring together the best minds and rally the support of all those whose lives have been, or may one day be, affected by the disease. The result will save lives and change futures – by removing the fear of breast cancer for good.