Guinness Book of Records attempt staged in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden folk are being urged to join a world record attempt with a difference later this month, while raising money for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity.
Re-Vitalise Tai Chi and Tai Ji Quan Yi are organising a UK-wide, multi-location tai chi lesson on Sunday July 25. The Guinness Book of Records attempt is from 10.50am to 11.40am and is timed with the World of Music, Arts and Dance music festival in Wiltshire where one of the sessions will be led by the organiser of the attempt, Andy Spragg.
Starting at 10.30am, the Saffron Walden event takes place on the Common.
Organiser Stephanie Shambrook said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the community of Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages to be included in the Guinness Book of Records while raising money for a worthwhile charity.
“It will be a relaxing and fun morning joining a tai chi lesson and everyone is welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy afterwards. We are hoping that as many people as possible will take part.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone can take part – young and old people with little or no experience of tai chi. Participants must pay a minimum donation of �1, which goes toward the charity.
The Chinese hold the world record for the largest tai chi event with 33,996 people. Organisers are hoping to hit the 40,000 mark on the day – and are hoping to raise �40,000.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
People wishing to take part in the Saffron Walden event should contact Stephanie on 07881592126.
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity dedicated to the prevention, treatment and ultimate eradication of breast cancer.
Breakthrough fight on three fronts: research, campaigning and education. Their aim is to bring together the best minds and rally the support of all those whose lives have been, or may one day be, affected by the disease. The result will save lives and change futures – by removing the fear of breast cancer for good.