Half term fun at Hatfield Forest
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust s Hatfield Forest. Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust's Hatfield Forest.
Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their own garden.
Nest box kits have been constructed from timber grown, felled and milled on the property as part of the Trust's sustainable woodland conservation work, and all proceeds from the event will directly help to fund conserving the site.
This event is suitable for accompanied children, and costs �10 per nest box.
You may also want to watch:
The Welly Walk, on Wednesday February 18 from 11am to 3pm, gives children the opportunity to explore the forest using their senses. Wellies are a must. Places cost �4 per child.
There are no admission charges for Hatfield Forest, although a car park charge of �4.50 applies for all visitors and events. To book places on these events call 01279 870678.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings