Half term fun at Hatfield Forest
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust s Hatfield Forest. Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust's Hatfield Forest.
Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their own garden.
Nest box kits have been constructed from timber grown, felled and milled on the property as part of the Trust's sustainable woodland conservation work, and all proceeds from the event will directly help to fund conserving the site.
This event is suitable for accompanied children, and costs �10 per nest box.
You may also want to watch:
The Welly Walk, on Wednesday February 18 from 11am to 3pm, gives children the opportunity to explore the forest using their senses. Wellies are a must. Places cost �4 per child.
There are no admission charges for Hatfield Forest, although a car park charge of �4.50 applies for all visitors and events. To book places on these events call 01279 870678.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 4 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 5 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 6 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site