Happy days: This weekend expected to be hottest of the year so far
DUST off your BBQ’s, dig out the sunglasses and stock up on ice lollies as experts expect this weekend will be the hottest of the year so far.
The soaring temperatures could reach close to 20 degrees across Uttlesford, with the unusual weather continuing into next week.
But there is the possibility towards the end of March of showers pushing through after a spell of hot weather.
The Weather Outlook (TWO) is forecasting slightly below average temperatures and rain for April, but May is looking hotter.
A spokesman said: “April is expected to bring unsettled and at times chilly conditions with heavy showers and longer spells of ran. It may still be cold enough at times for some wintry showers. The end of the month should be drier.
You may also want to watch:
“After a mixed start the first half of the month is expected to bring a good deal of dry and increasingly warm conditions to much of the country. Some less settled interludes are still expected.
“The second half of the month should see temperatures continuing above average for much of the time, although it may well turn less settled at times with heavy showers or longer outbreaks of rain returning at times.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
• Remember to upload your photos of Uttlesford in Spring at cambridgeshire.iwitness24.co.uk or download the free app for your phone.