Happy days: This weekend expected to be hottest of the year so far
DUST off your BBQ’s, dig out the sunglasses and stock up on ice lollies as experts expect this weekend will be the hottest of the year so far.
The soaring temperatures could reach close to 20 degrees across Uttlesford, with the unusual weather continuing into next week.
But there is the possibility towards the end of March of showers pushing through after a spell of hot weather.
The Weather Outlook (TWO) is forecasting slightly below average temperatures and rain for April, but May is looking hotter.
A spokesman said: “April is expected to bring unsettled and at times chilly conditions with heavy showers and longer spells of ran. It may still be cold enough at times for some wintry showers. The end of the month should be drier.
You may also want to watch:
“After a mixed start the first half of the month is expected to bring a good deal of dry and increasingly warm conditions to much of the country. Some less settled interludes are still expected.
“The second half of the month should see temperatures continuing above average for much of the time, although it may well turn less settled at times with heavy showers or longer outbreaks of rain returning at times.”
- 1 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 4 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 5 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 8 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 9 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 10 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
• Remember to upload your photos of Uttlesford in Spring at cambridgeshire.iwitness24.co.uk or download the free app for your phone.