Have you seen family’s trampoline blown away from home near Saffron Walden in Storm Katie?
- Credit: Archant
A family’s trampoline was blown away in the gales on Sunday night and now Zoe and Daniel Ewart are appealing for anyone who has seen it to let them know.
The Ewart family, who live in Cambridge Road, Littlebury, got a shock when they work up on Monday morning.
Daniel, 11, said: “I saw it was missing and I just went to dad and asked where it had gone. I thought he might have moved it and we were getting a new one and then I realised that it had blown away.”
Zoe, nine, said she and her brother used the trampoline most days.
The family have had the trampoline for about six years at different addresses. It has blown away before but only across the garden. This time, it has disappeared completely.
Dad, Thomas said: “The garden is surrounded by fences and trees and the river Cam is at the end of it. It would also have had to clear a neighbour’s greenhouse. I have walked about three or four miles looking for it in the direction of the Chesterfords because that was the direction the wind was blowing but there is no sign of it.
“If it’s been stolen, it would have been quite a job because it would have to be taken over the fences and the river.”
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 10 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
If anyone has seen a large travelling trampoline please contact the Reporter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.