Have your say at Saffron Walden Question Time
- Credit: Archant
Have your questions answered tomorrow night (Friday) in the run-up to the election at Saffron Walden’s Question Time.
A panel of prospective parliamentary candidates including Mike Hibbs (Lib Dem), Peter Day (UKIP), Jane Berney (Labour) and Karmel Stannard (Green) will be taking questions in the format of the David Dimbleby show.
Residents are encouraged to meet prospective candidates and ask questions on issues from housing and planning to transport and infrastructure – and anything in between.
“The national parties have finally agreed on their format, and now I’m looking forward to a serious debate between the candidates for the Saffron Walden Constituency,” said Councillor Mike Hibbs, Liberal Democrat prospective parliamentary candidate for Saffron Walden.
“There is a huge amount of interest in the election. I hope that all the parties will take up this opportunity to engage with voters. These debates are a chance to meet the candidates in person and find out about the parties and their policies. I’m very grateful to the various organisers for arranging these events.”
You may also want to watch:
The evening is organised by grassroots initiative Walden in Transition, and kicks off at the Friends Meeting House at 7.30pm on Friday, March 27. Entry costs £2.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season