Have your say at Saffron Walden Question Time
- Credit: Archant
Have your questions answered tomorrow night (Friday) in the run-up to the election at Saffron Walden’s Question Time.
A panel of prospective parliamentary candidates including Mike Hibbs (Lib Dem), Peter Day (UKIP), Jane Berney (Labour) and Karmel Stannard (Green) will be taking questions in the format of the David Dimbleby show.
Residents are encouraged to meet prospective candidates and ask questions on issues from housing and planning to transport and infrastructure – and anything in between.
“The national parties have finally agreed on their format, and now I’m looking forward to a serious debate between the candidates for the Saffron Walden Constituency,” said Councillor Mike Hibbs, Liberal Democrat prospective parliamentary candidate for Saffron Walden.
“There is a huge amount of interest in the election. I hope that all the parties will take up this opportunity to engage with voters. These debates are a chance to meet the candidates in person and find out about the parties and their policies. I’m very grateful to the various organisers for arranging these events.”
You may also want to watch:
The evening is organised by grassroots initiative Walden in Transition, and kicks off at the Friends Meeting House at 7.30pm on Friday, March 27. Entry costs £2.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 4 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford