Have your say at Saffron Walden Question Time
- Credit: Archant
Have your questions answered tomorrow night (Friday) in the run-up to the election at Saffron Walden’s Question Time.
A panel of prospective parliamentary candidates including Mike Hibbs (Lib Dem), Peter Day (UKIP), Jane Berney (Labour) and Karmel Stannard (Green) will be taking questions in the format of the David Dimbleby show.
Residents are encouraged to meet prospective candidates and ask questions on issues from housing and planning to transport and infrastructure – and anything in between.
“The national parties have finally agreed on their format, and now I’m looking forward to a serious debate between the candidates for the Saffron Walden Constituency,” said Councillor Mike Hibbs, Liberal Democrat prospective parliamentary candidate for Saffron Walden.
“There is a huge amount of interest in the election. I hope that all the parties will take up this opportunity to engage with voters. These debates are a chance to meet the candidates in person and find out about the parties and their policies. I’m very grateful to the various organisers for arranging these events.”
You may also want to watch:
The evening is organised by grassroots initiative Walden in Transition, and kicks off at the Friends Meeting House at 7.30pm on Friday, March 27. Entry costs £2.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues