Have your say at Saffron Walden Question Time
- Credit: Archant
Have your questions answered tomorrow night (Friday) in the run-up to the election at Saffron Walden’s Question Time.
A panel of prospective parliamentary candidates including Mike Hibbs (Lib Dem), Peter Day (UKIP), Jane Berney (Labour) and Karmel Stannard (Green) will be taking questions in the format of the David Dimbleby show.
Residents are encouraged to meet prospective candidates and ask questions on issues from housing and planning to transport and infrastructure – and anything in between.
“The national parties have finally agreed on their format, and now I’m looking forward to a serious debate between the candidates for the Saffron Walden Constituency,” said Councillor Mike Hibbs, Liberal Democrat prospective parliamentary candidate for Saffron Walden.
“There is a huge amount of interest in the election. I hope that all the parties will take up this opportunity to engage with voters. These debates are a chance to meet the candidates in person and find out about the parties and their policies. I’m very grateful to the various organisers for arranging these events.”
The evening is organised by grassroots initiative Walden in Transition, and kicks off at the Friends Meeting House at 7.30pm on Friday, March 27. Entry costs £2.
- 1 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 2 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Vandals thought to have targeted around 30 vehicles in 'keying' spree
- 5 Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- 6 School pictures: Maths workshops for parents and a museum visit
- 7 Delighted Walden photography winner unveils her new business
- 8 Cliff Parisi on Call the Midwife's 10th Christmas special
- 9 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre