Have your say: Consultation on Uttlesford’s Local Plan starts tomorrow (November 18)
An eight-week consultation on the new Local Plan starts tomorrow (Monday, November 18) – and Uttlesford’s residents have until January 13, 2014 to have their say.
It surrounds the assessment of the revised amount of housing needed in the district up to 2031, and on the new proposed sites to accommodate an additional 2,680 homes.
Ashdon Road Commercial Centre in Saffron Walden, land south of the Stortford Road in Great Dunmow, the Helena Romanes School site in Great Dunmow and land to the north-east of Elsenham are the new sites earmarked for the additional homes, as well as provide homes, schools, surgeries, employment land and open space.
Cllr Jim Ketteridge, leader of Uttlesford District Council, said: “We recognise that we need to move forward with the public consultation on the additional sites outlined in the new plan.
“I want to urge all residents to come forward and help us plan for growth in ways that best meet the housing need within our district.”
You may also want to watch:
You can take part in the consultation in a number of ways:
• Make your comments on line – go to the council’s consultation portal at http://uttlesford-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal. Here, you can view what other people are saying without logging in, but you will need to log in to make your own comments. If you have made comments in response to previous consultations you can use the same log in details.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
• Download a copy of the consultation paper and a copy of the response form from the council website, uttlesford.gov.uk
• Return the form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Planning Policy Team, Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER
• If you have any questions about the consultation contact the planning policy team on (01799) 510461, 510454, 510637
All responses must be received by 5pm on Monday, January 13, 2014. It will not be possible to extend this deadline and comments received after it may not be considered.
Following the consultation period, all comments and views will be considered and appropriate changes made. The council will hold a pre-submission consultation in March/April next year. The plan will then be formally submitted to an independent planning inspector appointed by the Government in July 2014. Following the examination of the plan by the Planning Inspectorate in October 2014, the plan will be formally adopted early in 2015.
All documents are available on the council website at: uttlesford.gov.uk/developinguttlesford