Have your say: Consultation on Uttlesford’s Local Plan starts tomorrow (November 18)
An eight-week consultation on the new Local Plan starts tomorrow (Monday, November 18) – and Uttlesford’s residents have until January 13, 2014 to have their say.
It surrounds the assessment of the revised amount of housing needed in the district up to 2031, and on the new proposed sites to accommodate an additional 2,680 homes.
Ashdon Road Commercial Centre in Saffron Walden, land south of the Stortford Road in Great Dunmow, the Helena Romanes School site in Great Dunmow and land to the north-east of Elsenham are the new sites earmarked for the additional homes, as well as provide homes, schools, surgeries, employment land and open space.
Cllr Jim Ketteridge, leader of Uttlesford District Council, said: “We recognise that we need to move forward with the public consultation on the additional sites outlined in the new plan.
“I want to urge all residents to come forward and help us plan for growth in ways that best meet the housing need within our district.”
You can take part in the consultation in a number of ways:
• Make your comments on line – go to the council’s consultation portal at http://uttlesford-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal. Here, you can view what other people are saying without logging in, but you will need to log in to make your own comments. If you have made comments in response to previous consultations you can use the same log in details.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 10 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
• Download a copy of the consultation paper and a copy of the response form from the council website, uttlesford.gov.uk
• Return the form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Planning Policy Team, Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER
• If you have any questions about the consultation contact the planning policy team on (01799) 510461, 510454, 510637
All responses must be received by 5pm on Monday, January 13, 2014. It will not be possible to extend this deadline and comments received after it may not be considered.
Following the consultation period, all comments and views will be considered and appropriate changes made. The council will hold a pre-submission consultation in March/April next year. The plan will then be formally submitted to an independent planning inspector appointed by the Government in July 2014. Following the examination of the plan by the Planning Inspectorate in October 2014, the plan will be formally adopted early in 2015.
All documents are available on the council website at: uttlesford.gov.uk/developinguttlesford