Have your say on weight management services in Uttlesford
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
Health chiefs are asking people in Uttlesford to share their thoughts on weight management services.
The West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which plans and buys health and care services on behalf of people in Harlow, Epping Forest and Uttlesford, is looking to gather people’s opinions and shape the future of Tier 3 weight management services, as the current contract approaches its end date.
Tier 3 weight management services involve health and care professionals providing individuals with intensive support in their community. This is with the aim of supporting the individual to reduce their weight and decrease the likelihood of needing bariatric surgery.
The different levels of weight management services range from Tier 1 which is low-level support such as reinforcing healthy eating messages, through to Tier 4 which is major intervention, including bariatric surgery.
The feedback form can be accessed via the CCG website here.
Dr Christine Moss, Epping Forest GP and clinical director at West Essex CCG said: “We’d like to know how local people think the NHS in Essex should approach any updates to local weight management services.
“Therefore, we encourage people in west Essex, with and without experience of this service, to take this opportunity to shape its future.”
Mid Essex Clinical Commissioning Group, which is leading on the development of this service, is also asking groups such as GPs, Patient Reference Groups and Healthwatch for their feedback.
- 1 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 7 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 8 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
The opportunity to give feedback remains open until March 6.