Have your say: Post Office plans to reopen Audley End branch in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office is proposing to reopen its Audley End branch more than a mile away in Saffron Walden.
The new location, based within Rowntree Way’s Premier Store, will be open for 80 hours per week, including Sundays, and the company says it is the nearest viable option.
The Audley End branch closed in September 2009 and the Post Office insist that there are no other retailers or alternative premises in Audley End from which they could operate.
The new-style Saffron Walden branch will be known as Rowntree Way Post Office, with Post Office products and services provided from a low-screened, open plan service point at the retail counter.
The proposed opening hours are Monday to Saturday from 7am to 7.30pm and Sunday from 8am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Marwood, regional manager, said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents and we are confident this new modern service will meet the needs of the local community in Audley End and this area of Saffron Walden, and it will secure services for the future.
“This proposal is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and marks a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
The Post Office is now inviting customers and interested parties to give their comments on the move in a six-week public consultation, which will close on February 16.
Information: Submissions can be made during the consultation by Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, via email to email@example.com, via the Customer Helpline on 03457 22 33 44 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
Customers can also share their views online at postofficeviews.co.uk with the branch code 222113.
What do you think about the proposed move of Audley End Post Office to Saffron Walden? Let us know your views at firstname.lastname@example.org.