Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford part of Essex-wide decrease in Covid case rates
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford have seen a continued decline in Covid case rates.
The latest Covid-19 data available shows a downwards trend in case rates across Essex.
The average county case rate per 100,000 has declined significantly, however, at just under 300 (295.4) it remains high. The numbers are as of January 28, the latest date for which weekly data is available.
In Uttlesford, case rates are no longer the lowest in Essex. Instead, Brentwood took over with a weekly case rate of 193.5, down from 331.2
Compared to a week before, there has been a drop in Uttlesford, from 314.3 to 208.1.
In Braintree, the fall was from 487.5 to 311.9, while in Chelmsford it was from 398 to 270.7
You may also want to watch:
The highest weekly case rates were in Harlow and Tendring, with rates of 370.8 and 392.2 per 100,000 respectively.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'