Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford part of Essex-wide decrease in Covid case rates
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford have seen a continued decline in Covid case rates.
The latest Covid-19 data available shows a downwards trend in case rates across Essex.
The average county case rate per 100,000 has declined significantly, however, at just under 300 (295.4) it remains high. The numbers are as of January 28, the latest date for which weekly data is available.
In Uttlesford, case rates are no longer the lowest in Essex. Instead, Brentwood took over with a weekly case rate of 193.5, down from 331.2
Compared to a week before, there has been a drop in Uttlesford, from 314.3 to 208.1.
In Braintree, the fall was from 487.5 to 311.9, while in Chelmsford it was from 398 to 270.7
You may also want to watch:
The highest weekly case rates were in Harlow and Tendring, with rates of 370.8 and 392.2 per 100,000 respectively.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival