Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford part of Essex-wide decrease in Covid case rates
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford have seen a continued decline in Covid case rates.
The latest Covid-19 data available shows a downwards trend in case rates across Essex.
The average county case rate per 100,000 has declined significantly, however, at just under 300 (295.4) it remains high. The numbers are as of January 28, the latest date for which weekly data is available.
In Uttlesford, case rates are no longer the lowest in Essex. Instead, Brentwood took over with a weekly case rate of 193.5, down from 331.2
Compared to a week before, there has been a drop in Uttlesford, from 314.3 to 208.1.
In Braintree, the fall was from 487.5 to 311.9, while in Chelmsford it was from 398 to 270.7
You may also want to watch:
The highest weekly case rates were in Harlow and Tendring, with rates of 370.8 and 392.2 per 100,000 respectively.
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 6 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford