Health the key theme of Uttlesford District Council’s Community Forum meetings
A COMMUNITY forum meeting in Saffron Walden will give the public a chance to find out what work authorities are doing in Uttlesford, with an emphasis on health.
TWO community forum meetings next week will give the public a chance to find out what work authorities are doing in Uttlesford, with an emphasis on the theme of health.
There are separate sessions for the south and the north of the district: the southern forum will meet at Mountfitchet Mathematics and Computing College at 7.30pm on Tuesday October 12; the northern forum will meet at Uttlesford District Council’s London Road offices in Saffron Walden at 7.30pm on Thursday October 14.
A presentation will be given by NHS West Essex at each meeting, giving members of the public a chance to get up to speed with what the local primary care trust has been doing. Senior representatives from the organisation will be attending.
The presentation will be followed by a group discussion session focusing on “care of the elderly, hospital and NHS services and health prevention”.
You may also want to watch:
The district council’s community development officer Sue Hayden said: “Our Community Forum meetings give everyone the opportunity to become more involved with service provision in the district.
“Although next week’s meetings will focus primarily on health, questions can also be addressed to the representatives on other topics. If you’re keen to find out more about what work is taking place to improve services where you live, or you have an issue you’d like to raise, this is your chance.”
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 8 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
At both events the doors will open at 7.15pm, with the meetings starting at 7.30pm. All are welcome.