An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- Credit: Care UK
Mountfitchet House residents have been treated to their own Night at the Proms concert.
The team at Mountfitchet House in Stansted welcomed Woodwind of Stortford to their garden for an afternoon of music and dance.
Residents at the home, which is managed by Care UK, said Night at the Proms was a day to remember.
Peter, aged 88, said: "It was lovely to listen to the music and see the band play live in our garden.
"Joining in with our musical instruments was great fun; a really pleasant afternoon."
Jane Maxwell, home manager, said: "We wanted to organise an event to remember, filled with fun, music and smiles.
"Many residents enjoy listening to classical music, as it reminds them of happy memories.
- 1 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 2 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 10 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
"I’d like to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to Woodwind of Stortford for playing for us - it really was a day to remember."