Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford has the lowest coronavirus case rate in Essex in the seven days to January 14, Essex County Council said yesterday (Jan 21).
Within this period, there were 9,592 confirmed cases in Essex, according to data received by the council.
There was a significant reduction in case rates reported across Essex, with all areas showing a fall. All areas had under 1,000 cases per 100,000, with the lowest Uttlesford at 440 per 100,000.
Essex County Council’s cabinet member for health and adult social care, Councillor John Spence, said: “I am pleased to see a reduction in case rates across the county, and hope that they continue to fall.
“Positivity rates have also declined, with the range being between 18.8 percent in Harlow and 10.9 percent in Uttlesford.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, data from January 20 shows 361 tested positive in Uttlesford over the last seven days – a 24.3 percent drop.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'