Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford has the lowest coronavirus case rate in Essex in the seven days to January 14, Essex County Council said yesterday (Jan 21).
Within this period, there were 9,592 confirmed cases in Essex, according to data received by the council.
There was a significant reduction in case rates reported across Essex, with all areas showing a fall. All areas had under 1,000 cases per 100,000, with the lowest Uttlesford at 440 per 100,000.
Essex County Council’s cabinet member for health and adult social care, Councillor John Spence, said: “I am pleased to see a reduction in case rates across the county, and hope that they continue to fall.
“Positivity rates have also declined, with the range being between 18.8 percent in Harlow and 10.9 percent in Uttlesford.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, data from January 20 shows 361 tested positive in Uttlesford over the last seven days – a 24.3 percent drop.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Delight as work set to start on Uttlesford's first 3G football pitch
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden