Hearing centre officially opens in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
A brand new hearing centre officially opened its doors in Saffron Walden on Tuesday (August 4).
Based in the high street, the Hearing Healthcare Centre will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 5pm and will provide hearing tests and advice to anyone concerned about their hearing health.
The opening of the new centre in Saffron Walden follows on from the success of branches in Cambridge and Peterborough, and is aiming to be open five days-a-week in the future.
Mayor Heather Asker, who cut the ribbon on the centre, said: “It’s very positive to welcome new people and businesses into the town, particularly a hearing centre.
“The location is superb, and it’s great for the people of Saffron Walden to have this service available to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Carr, director and audiologist, said: “Currently 60 or 70 of our clients are from Saffron Walden and using the Cambridge branch, so it’s great for them to have somewhere more local.
“It has taken us four weeks to get the place in order, but it’s fantastic to be up and running and we’ve enjoyed a really good start to business.”
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely