Heavy metal groups will play to the Max at cancer charity gig
- Credit: Archant
Heavy metal is the unlikely but welcome guest at a cancer research fundraiser later this month, which has one six-year-old boy at its heart.
Max Rowlandson was diagnosed with leukaemia in June 2010, and finally received the all-clear last year. Mother Jodie Rowlandson, who has organised a number of events for cancer research charities, has teamed up with Sewards End metal fan Steve Farr to arrange another event at the Great Chesterford Community Centre, on October 11.
“I have three children myself and have watched Jodie’s life unfold during Max’s treatment and seen all she has gone through,” said Steve.
“I couldn’t bear my children to go through this.”
At the event, for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, Steve will be performing with cover band Phantom Lord, alongside local bands Kaine and Finding ANA.
You may also want to watch:
Mother-of-two Jodie, of Little Walden Road, added: “Max has just made a video to go online where he’s playing electric guitar to encourage people to come. He’s disappointed he can’t come to the actual thing.”
Metal for Max kicks off at 7pm. Tickets are £10, which includes entry into a prize draw to win two tickets for Bloodstock Open Air Festival.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 Council to debate 'underperforming' planning service
They are available from organisers Jodie Rowlandson, 07796952007 and Steve Farr on 07736828906, Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, or via www.justgiving.com/metalformax.