Helen Rollason Cancer Charity hosting 18th annual North Essex Circular Walk and Run
A CANCER charity is inviting walkers and runners to lace up their boots or trainers to help raise much needed funds.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charities 18th North Essex Circular Walk and Run is taking place on Sunday May 6 and it is even bigger this year. As well as the usual 7, 16 and 26 mile walks, the organisers have added a new 26 mile run.
Community fundraiser Rosemary Jensen explained: “With a choice of three different routes and this new run, it’s now a great event for long-distance runners as well as walkers.“
All four routes go through the north Essex countryside, starting and finishing at the village hall in Pebmarsh near Halstead. The 16 and 26 mile walks start at 9am and the seven mile walk and 26 mile run start an hour later at 10am.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity supports people living with cancer through research and award-winning support centres.
Mrs Jensen added: “It costs between �10 and �15 to take part depending on the route and we are very grateful to anyone who would also like to get sponsored to raise more money.”
The deadline for registering for the event is Friday April 27. The registration form can be downloaded from the charity’s website - helenrollason.org.uk - or call 08456 802047
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
North Essex Circular Walk and Run start times and costs:
• 7 mile walk starting at 10am - �10
• 16 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile run starting at 10am - �15