Helen Rollason Cancer Charity hosting 18th annual North Essex Circular Walk and Run
A CANCER charity is inviting walkers and runners to lace up their boots or trainers to help raise much needed funds.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charities 18th North Essex Circular Walk and Run is taking place on Sunday May 6 and it is even bigger this year. As well as the usual 7, 16 and 26 mile walks, the organisers have added a new 26 mile run.
Community fundraiser Rosemary Jensen explained: “With a choice of three different routes and this new run, it’s now a great event for long-distance runners as well as walkers.“
All four routes go through the north Essex countryside, starting and finishing at the village hall in Pebmarsh near Halstead. The 16 and 26 mile walks start at 9am and the seven mile walk and 26 mile run start an hour later at 10am.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity supports people living with cancer through research and award-winning support centres.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Jensen added: “It costs between �10 and �15 to take part depending on the route and we are very grateful to anyone who would also like to get sponsored to raise more money.”
The deadline for registering for the event is Friday April 27. The registration form can be downloaded from the charity’s website - helenrollason.org.uk - or call 08456 802047
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
North Essex Circular Walk and Run start times and costs:
• 7 mile walk starting at 10am - �10
• 16 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile run starting at 10am - �15