Helen Rollason Cancer Charity hosting 18th annual North Essex Circular Walk and Run
A CANCER charity is inviting walkers and runners to lace up their boots or trainers to help raise much needed funds.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charities 18th North Essex Circular Walk and Run is taking place on Sunday May 6 and it is even bigger this year. As well as the usual 7, 16 and 26 mile walks, the organisers have added a new 26 mile run.
Community fundraiser Rosemary Jensen explained: “With a choice of three different routes and this new run, it’s now a great event for long-distance runners as well as walkers.“
All four routes go through the north Essex countryside, starting and finishing at the village hall in Pebmarsh near Halstead. The 16 and 26 mile walks start at 9am and the seven mile walk and 26 mile run start an hour later at 10am.
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity supports people living with cancer through research and award-winning support centres.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Jensen added: “It costs between �10 and �15 to take part depending on the route and we are very grateful to anyone who would also like to get sponsored to raise more money.”
The deadline for registering for the event is Friday April 27. The registration form can be downloaded from the charity’s website - helenrollason.org.uk - or call 08456 802047
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
North Essex Circular Walk and Run start times and costs:
• 7 mile walk starting at 10am - �10
• 16 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile walk starting at 9am - �15
• 26 mile run starting at 10am - �15