Henham and Ugley pupils perform Silent Night
PARENTS, family and friends of Henham and Ugley Primary School children were whisked back in time to 18th century Austria as part of school s Christmas play. Youngsters in reception and Years One and Two performed Silent Night, by Mary Green and Ju
PARENTS, family and friends of Henham and Ugley Primary School children were whisked back in time to 18th century Austria as part of school's Christmas play.
Youngsters in reception and Years One and Two performed Silent Night, by Mary Green and Julie Stanley.
The audience discovered how - through a charmingly adapted story of a Christmas Eve pageant and naughty mice - a poem written by a parish priest resulted in the well-loved carol.
Year Two teacher and KS1 leader, Suzie Jarrett, said: "Children performed nine songs, some as solos and small groups, including a melody of well known carols to which a nativity tableau was created.
You may also want to watch:
"The children were highly motivated and enthusiastic throughout our rehearsals, and performed beautifully to large audiences.
"I would also like to thank the team of teachers, teaching assistants and volunteers for all their hard work to make our production another success.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge