Henham and Ugley pupils perform Silent Night
PARENTS, family and friends of Henham and Ugley Primary School children were whisked back in time to 18th century Austria as part of school s Christmas play. Youngsters in reception and Years One and Two performed Silent Night, by Mary Green and Ju
PARENTS, family and friends of Henham and Ugley Primary School children were whisked back in time to 18th century Austria as part of school's Christmas play.
Youngsters in reception and Years One and Two performed Silent Night, by Mary Green and Julie Stanley.
The audience discovered how - through a charmingly adapted story of a Christmas Eve pageant and naughty mice - a poem written by a parish priest resulted in the well-loved carol.
Year Two teacher and KS1 leader, Suzie Jarrett, said: "Children performed nine songs, some as solos and small groups, including a melody of well known carols to which a nativity tableau was created.
You may also want to watch:
"The children were highly motivated and enthusiastic throughout our rehearsals, and performed beautifully to large audiences.
"I would also like to thank the team of teachers, teaching assistants and volunteers for all their hard work to make our production another success.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40