Henham and Ugley youngsters get chance to look around Essex fire station
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their finding out about people who help us programme. The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station. They took turns to
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their 'finding out about people who help us' programme.
The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station.
They took turns to 'drive' the fire appliance, and tried on firefighting equipment including helmets and breathing masks.
A school spokesman said: "The class looked at other equipment used for a rescue such as torches and ladders and all of us had the chance to use the hose outside to spray water!
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to say a big thank you to the fire crew for their time and patience with our youngest children.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision