Henham and Ugley youngsters get chance to look around Essex fire station
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their finding out about people who help us programme. The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station. They took turns to
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their 'finding out about people who help us' programme.
The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station.
They took turns to 'drive' the fire appliance, and tried on firefighting equipment including helmets and breathing masks.
A school spokesman said: "The class looked at other equipment used for a rescue such as torches and ladders and all of us had the chance to use the hose outside to spray water!
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to say a big thank you to the fire crew for their time and patience with our youngest children.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 3 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash