Henham and Ugley youngsters get chance to look around Essex fire station
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their finding out about people who help us programme. The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station. They took turns to
TODDLERS from Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School took a close look inside a fire engine as part of their 'finding out about people who help us' programme.
The nursery class paid a visit to Stansted Mountiftchet Fire Station.
They took turns to 'drive' the fire appliance, and tried on firefighting equipment including helmets and breathing masks.
A school spokesman said: "The class looked at other equipment used for a rescue such as torches and ladders and all of us had the chance to use the hose outside to spray water!
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to say a big thank you to the fire crew for their time and patience with our youngest children.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge