High Sheriff invites charities to apply for grant funding
- Credit: Supplied
Charities can get a grant for their good causes from the High Sheriffs' Fund this autumn.
The Essex Community Foundation (ECF), which looks after the fund, will award cash grants to volunteer-run groups to support their work to make Essex a safe place to live and work.
The deadline to apply for a High Sheriffs' Fund grant is December 1.
The High Sheriff of Essex, Simon Brice, said he has seen the impact which voluntary groups and charities have on the county.
He said: "The role of the High Sheriff is, in part, about recognising the important work of the charitable sector in making our communities safer places.
"The grants from the High Sheriffs' Fund are just one way of showing thanks and appreciation."
The ECF awards over £5 million in grants each year from a range of funds.
Information about ECF grants is online (https://www.essexcommunityfoundation.org.uk/) or available by phone on 01245 356018.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 10 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'